Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Karma? Really???

I have grown up in kind of a joint family. A family which is in a way nuclear, yet always together be it any occasions or festivals. A home where sometimes we had no room to sleep in due to so many relatives staying overnight still enjoying sleeping in living room with bunch of cousins playing cards or ‘Antakshari’ till late night. In short I can say that my upbringing has been done in such a family where you grow up seeing, observing and watching only nice people and nice things around, with lots of love, care and respect for each other.

In this kind of family I have always been told since my childhood that there is something like ‘Karma’ or ‘God’ there is something which keeps you wonder before doing anything wrong. There is an unknown fear, a fear that will stop you from doing something wrong. Wrong, in a way which would hurt anyone or their emotions? But after observing things around all these years, it makes me wonder if there is something really called like Karma? If there is a count somewhere of all our good deeds and bad deeds, a count of all our sins and virtues? If there is actually a God to shower his blessings on all the good people and a Devil watching the sinner?

Something raises such question in my mind. When I see my beloved ones being hurt, when I see someone walking in their life like walking in a garden, plucking some flowers ( i.e. Emotions? ) and simply walking out. Like walking out from a park where nobody cares what you have done and where it would make no change, and apparently these are actually my loved ones who have always been nice and kind with everyone around. Who actually taught me in life that if someone is bad with you doesn’t mean that you have to be bad with them too. Just let it go… When I see such people in pain, it keeps me wondering for the accountability of karma and its existence? And if there is something really like that then why are they hurt? Why do they have to suffer? I have no patience to relax and watch the one suffers that has hurt them all I want is not to see my loved ones ever sad or cry.

I know there will be someone to say that life teaches you lessons by hurting you and blah blah blah.. but why them? Why those who have made 1000s of peoples’ lives beautiful, the ones who have taught the meaning of life to so many people. Who have actually not given me birth but the life for sure, without whom I wouldn’t probably even have been alive, forget about being happy or whatever. Today they are at a stage in life when they want someone to count upon, leave all their worries and just rest… however it’s still not happening, just not happening at all ! And why is that? Where is the rule of karma now? Where is the logic of ‘Be nice and be good in order to receive good’ where is the one who says that ‘ those who are nice with others will always face nice things in life’ ? I doubt it, I so doubt it now. Seeing the one enjoying their life who has actually given them pain.

All these years I have seen ‘N’ number of examples of people who have hurt you and still enjoying their lives full of happiness, they have even forgot what they did to you and how much they have hurt you. All I have seen is you to suffer and them to pleasure. Still you didn’t stop to be nice with people but for how long? For how long you will keep on giving right to people to hurt you, to play with your emotions, to come close to you, feel attached, hurt you really bad and then just walk out? This isn’t acceptable. I don’t want to set such example for others that doesn’t matter how much you will hurt me, you will still be served nicely not because you deserve it but because we are like that. We can’t be bad with those whom we consider our own in life, doesn’t matter if they mock us or give no sh*#t to our emotions and sentiments.

This is not done, absolutely not done! This would keep me wondering that is it really worth being nice to everyone throughout your life if towards 2/3rd of your life the only thing you get in return is lots of tensions, worries (not to forget, leading to health issues as well) and yet facing it all with a smiling face due to social stigma ? and if it’s not right then ‘WELCOME TO THE KARMA CAFÉ. THERE ARE NO MENUS. YOU WILL GET SERVED WHAT YOU DESERVE.’

No comments: